Monday, November 3, 2014

Called to the Work!

hello all!
FIRST OFF! A BIG FAT SHOUT OUT TO MY ONE AND ONLY KARA SHEFFIELD FOR GETTING HER MISSION CALL TO CAMBODIA!!!! AHHHH! this girl is going to change lives...
what a spectacular week full of learning and growing! We taught a lot of lessons this week and just did our normal routine :)
There are so many incredible families in the Kingstowne ward that we work with that truly have changed my life and help me gain a stronger testimony of this restored gospel.  They remind me of my incredible family back home :) I LOVE this gospel and this church with every ounce of my being.  I am obsessed with this work. The more I learn, the more I want to share it! I AM SO LUCKY to have 18 months devoted to this work and I don't want to waste a second of it :)
one miracle that happened this week... this Saturday Sister Schooley and I went out to eat before stake conference with Andy and Michelle (he just got baptized, she is coming back to church) :) we went to Uno (its way popular her in VA, I don't think they have it on the west). right before we ordered our waitress came up to us and said, "Your meal has been paid for. I cant release their name, but they took the check for you". I thought I was going to burst into tears. GOD LOVES HIS MISSIONARIES!
Here in the Washington DC South mission we are allowed to watch MOVIES on HALLOWEEN!!!!! So we got to watch Frozen and Despicable Me 2 :) most missionaries hadn't seen them before since they have been serving for so long, so it was kind of a super big deal ;) It was way fun! We also had our ward Trunk-Or-Treat party! and TONS of the members invited friends! it was a RAD event. SO MUCH FUN. The missionaries were the judges for the chili cook-off which was fun too! for our Halloween costume, sister schooley and I switched name tags with the elders in our ward hahaha. there were only like 3 people who noticed, but it was WAY funny (at least for me... haha)
This week, I learned a LOT about humility and the atonement.  As missionaries, we have to be humble in order to feel and teach by the holy spirit of God.   BUT, as most of us know, HUMILITY IS HARD. and humbling ourselves HURTS. BAD. but we know that we have to do it. We all have to learn how to "willingly accept and even SEEK correction". And holy smokes, I NEEDED to humble myself. I STILL need to humble myself. It truly is an ongoing process. As we strive to come closer to our Father in Heaven, and let Him work through us, we have to let Him in. This will only happen if we have broken hearts and contrite spirits.
As we work with the members, our numbers drop, the work slows down, and we have to have FAITH that the Lord will bless the members with friends who are PREPARED for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  This takes HUMILITY. It would be easier to tract and have more instantaneous results. BUT we want ETERNAL results, and the only way that will happen is if the members HELP US. Those relationships have to be strong for people to feel supported, not just by the missionaries that come and go, but by members who will be life-long friends.
let us all seek to be humbled by the holy spirit of God :)
I love you all deeply and fully. and I pray for each of you by name every night. Thank you for your love and support, it truly is everlasting.
Keep it real, and keep the faith
Sister "Ka$h" Kennedy

 ​having Family Home Evening with a family from Ghana :) these are the 3 youngest boys :)


 on a walk with lauren in our ward :) WE LOVE working with her :) I have a cool leave in my bag that is shaped like a cat... #meow


 ​cat pic for the weeeeeeeek.


 cutest comps #5ever


our HOMEMADE owl cupcakes for the trunk-or-treat 


 HAPPY HALLOWEEN from your friendly neighborhood teenage mutant ninja turtles (props to elder hinton and elder bateman for letting us borrow their hats for this picture).


 yep youre reading it right. DISCO SWEAT. we go this from a lady in our ward! hahahah


 after a long night of trunk or treating with elder olivo and elder grow :) they serve in the same ward as us! :)


leaves shaped like cat heads. can life get better? probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment