Wednesday, September 16, 2015

So Much Joy!

I'm for real. I am so happy that I literally don't know what else to say... LIFE ROCKS! This Ward rocks! The work rocks! Our investigators rock! My companion rocks! The church rocks! Our area rocks! The weather rocks! You could just say that life is rockin. 
I'm also eating Taco Bell right now #rockon 

The funny
I GOT TO SEE ISABELLA TODAY!!!!! Probably the closest I have ever been to crying in my life! For those who don't know who that is (which you should) she's my best friend from BYU who is now interning in DC!!! 

Deaunte (a recent convert in our ward) spoke at a New and Returning Member fireside last night... Let's just say this kid is as rad as it gets to begin with but holy smokes. I had tears coming down my face the whole time from laughing. It basically went like this, "brothers and sisters... I love God. And I love the sisters. SHOUTOUT TO SISTER KENNEDY AND SISTER LEWIS IN THE BACK! (As he pounds the pulpit). And I know that this church is true. I love the Book of Mormon and I know that Thomas S Monson is a prophet. I KNOW HE CANT HEAR ME BUT SHOUTOUT TO PRESIDENT MONSON. Before I got baptized, I got interviewed by this great man behind me (as he points to president huntsman) YOU KNOW SHOUTOUT TO PRESIDENT HUNTSMAN!!!" Hahahaha literally it was a bunch of God praising and shoutouts to his favorite people. Then when president got up at the end he was thanking all the speakers and the. Just goes, "and for Deaunte - SHOUTOUT TO DEAUNTE!!!" Hahaha oh my gosh it rocked. 

WE WERE FED 3 dinners in one night. Holy smokes. The last one happened at 9 PM right after we finished a lesson with a less active and her non member cousin... We finish reading the Book of Mormon, she shuts her book and joyfully yells, "NOW FOR DINNER" and she continues to bring out huge bowls of pasta and tells us that in her country (she's from Mongolia) if you don't everything off your plate, you are dis honoring your host. We painfully shoved it down aaaaand could not eat that night.

Mustafa, our Turkish investigator was at church this week as was this sweet guy named Steve who just started coming to our Ward instead of the Spanish Ward. Well Steve doesn't speak super good English and neither does Mustafa, so Steve started asking Mustafa about when he joined the church, how he likes it, which ward he's in, etc. and Mustafa totally confused is answering with completely random answers that he's making up because he doesn't know what he's asking. I was literally crying of laughter in the corner... Love them 

We have this lesson with this less active girl who is telling us that she hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon because she keeps becoming addicted to other things... A little confused we ask her if there's anything we can do to help/what the problem is... And she shamefully hangs her head and says, "KOREAN DRAMA! I just can't stop watching! I don't even speak their language but it's so addicting!" Hahahaha we DIED. 

Man if these things are totally not funny to anyone else, I'm sorry... I just DIE laughing all the time

Miracles:

HEATHER IS STILL ON DATE! However she is unfortunately still in her wheelchair for 3 more weeks so we have to push her baptism back... BUT she is doing so well and progressing so quickly. The spirit continues to testify to her that what we say is true and she is living the standards already! She is the perfect example of "the elect". She speaks up in church, she loves the people, and she is already learning to recognize the spirit. I love her so much. And I am so grateful for her shining example in my life!!! 

Lindsaaaaay is still ROCKIN it. She is really really hesitant to move forward with September 19th BUT she is still striving to move toward baptism (even if there isn't a specific date) and to keep praying, reading, and coming to church. She is so rad. She came to the fireside that Deaunte spoke at and really enjoyed it. Which is HUGE because she usually doesn't like stuff like that. We wrote her a song this week and she loved it. It was so cool to feel and see the power of music influence the spirit in that room. I love her so much and I am so grateful for her faith and diligence in coming closer to Christ. God is so good and she is recognizing His hand in her life more and more every day. 

MUSTAFA is just the man. He came to church, and a scripture study class we had before church, and we had a sweet lesson with him. SUDDENLY his English has improved LEAPS AND BOUNDS. He can carry on conversation with us WAY more than before and he's asking even more inspired questions. It's incredible to see the doctrine touch his heart in such unique and beautiful ways. He's amazing. He also became our friends on Facebook and likes all of our pictures back to the beginning of time. Hysterical. LOVE HIM.

Nevin was a MIRACLE that was found months ago in a family Ward and she wants to be taught by sisters (she's an older woman) and we are the closest sisters! we had a SWEET lesson with her about the restoration and by the end she just keep asking, "how do I become converted to the Mormons? How can I believe the things you believe? Why aren't all the Christian mormons? It makes so much more sense than the other ones!" It was sweet! We are seeing her again to see her tomorrow :) SUCH a miracle! 

We have these 2 homies we are trying to teach who agreed to have a lesson after we play basketball with them on Thursday. Haha we are psyched. They're going to SCHOOL us but it'll be rad. #BringingOutTheJordans 

Like every week, I want to leave you with my testimony of the love of God. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD who literally empowers us with capabilities and power far beyond our own. What a beautiful truth to know that He will give us ALL that we are in need us as we seek His will. I am so grateful for weakness! I am so grateful for humbling experiences! I am so grateful for laughter! I am so grateful for the Spirit! I will never be able to comprehend how I was chosen to receive so many blessings in this life. I have a testimony that if we "count our blessings, every doubt will fly". Our testimonies will become stronger, our consecration to the Lord will be bolder, and our Love for the Lord and his work will be more Joyful. What a marvelous work and a wonder. What a Great WORK. What an absolute miracle. 

KEEP IT REAL AND KEEP THE FAITH 

SISTER KENNEDY
 In front of our gratitude wall!


 The sisters of the Oakton VA area!


 Would you believe there is an ELLISON/KENNEDY street?????!!!!!!!


 Love this girl and our matching outfits!


 With Jean!


 "In honor and memory of the men of the United States Marine Corps who have given their lives to their country since November 10, 1775"


 In front of this awesome wall


 I GOT TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND FROM BYU, ISABELLA!!!  She is doing an internship in DC this semester!!!





Sister Lewis and I in front of the Library of Congress!

No comments:

Post a Comment