Monday, January 26, 2015

Abide with Me...

BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! what an incredible week full of so many mighty miracles! wow I am SO blessed! I want to start off by sending out a big fat shout out to Layne Bulwan for tweeting at me this week... good to know the social media world hasn't completely forgotten about me #holler.
hahaha now for even more good news! It was transfers this week! and I wasn't transferred, but SISTER KELLY WAS. and GUESS WHO IS NOW IN MY DISTRICT. YES. SISTER SWAG MASTER KELLY. holy smokes I am SO AMPED. she is such a champ. I think we were both crying on the phone when she called after transfers to tell me the news. SUCH A WIN.

YAY FOR MISSIONARY WORK! first off, I HAVE BEEN A MISSIONARY FOR ALMOST 5 MONTHS. how is that even possible!? I am freaking out. my life is flashing before my eyes! so crazy!!!

So this week we went on a "blitz" with our sister training leaders, meaning they came to our area to find with us. SO FUN. I was able to go with our NEW sister training leader, Sister Stucki who I love with every ounce of my being. It was SO FUN. we were on probably our 3rd door and the guy who answered literally YELLED at us on his doorstep for 20 solid minutes. Saying that we didn't believe in the Grace of God because all Mormons believe they are perfect and have no fault. uhhhh sir? who are you and stop telling me what I believe. then as we left he screamed at us "THE MOST HIGH GOD IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU CAN DO FOR ME!" what are you even talking about? hahahaha, sorry probably not that funny of a story, but it was funny in the moment.
BUT the good news, is on that same blitz, we were talking to EVERYONE in our path and we stopped a guy named eric :) He is from Peru and was born catholic but never practiced, he told us he didn't want to know more about God or our religion and then as we continued to talk to him and testify he said, " you know actually I have been wanting to find a religion that I can be a part of, why don't you guys come back?" UMM OK. so yeah, PUMPED about that.

THEN we got..... 14 referrals. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. no. that's completely real.  I AM SO HAPPY!!! Our mission president said if we ask for referrals from everyone you will get them and you will find more people to teach. so we did.The issue is that we haven't been able to contact all of them yet, but a few we have! one of which we went over and taught and she wants us to come back!!! YAY!

Another one, we had her address but when we got there we realized that it was a number for an apartment building but no specific number for her apartment, so we tracted the whoooole building. AND we found Emmanual :) who was SO DARLING and he wants to know everything we know about God, we asked if we could leave him with our card and he said oh no. you call me and we will set up a time to talk! I want you to come back! #WUT. yeah so real. RADDDDD

Then we found Cris :) Sister Malufau and I were coming out of a dinner appointment, and she was across the street walking her dog! so we ran over and talked to her and she told us to come and teach her the next day! so we did and she agreed to read the Book of Mormon and she wants us to come back in 2 weeks!

THEEEEEN Casandra, Faith, and  Elijah (a family we found a while back) want us to come and teach them this weekend! They are reading the Book of Mormon and they love it! they are going to call us tonight because they have a few questions and I am SO EXCITED! this restored church was made because Joseph Smith asked a question, questions are SO good! WE ARE SO EXCITED! AHHHHHH!!!!

We have seen SO MANY MIRACLES!!! EVERY DAY! every SECOND of every day! and because we are trying to be "all in" and work every available moment we are being SO BLESSED. I love this sweet work and all of the incredible people we are able to be in contact with. As missionaries we are blessed to have the constant companionship of the spirit at a LEVEL 10 every day. IT IS INCREDIBLE. I wish I could explain how wonderful it is to feel the spirit so strong every day, and to see the blessings of following the spirit every day. MIRACLES ARE REAL! I know I say that every week, but they really are. Last night we went to go teach some of our favorite recent converts and when we got there She was feeling SUPER sick and he had just gotten of the phone with his parole officer (he is in the army) and both of them had forgotten that we were coming. SO we sat down with them and we talked about what they needed and what we could help them with. It was incredible to feel the spirit that was in the room as we really tried to understand where they are coming from and what they need. by the end of the visit he looked at us and said, "how do you guys always know exactly when to come and exactly what to say? you are both like an incredible beam of light amidst the darkness and turmoil of our world".

THE SPIRIT IS SO STRONG AND THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE! Ask the Lord to abide with you and I can testify that he can, he will, and he wants to. I love you all so so so so much

keep it real and keep the faith

sister kennedy 







No comments:

Post a Comment