Monday, February 8, 2016

God is at the Head!

I dont even know where to start! life has been absolutely insane and I don't have much time to email! this week I have felt the hand of the Lord more than at any given point of my life. He has directed every move, he has guided every step, and he has inspired every decision. My sweet sweet Sister Makowa made her journey back to Africa this week. It has been a long and fruitful 7 months for her in the mission field and she fought hard to the end. she flew out Friday afternoon and I think a part of my heart flew out with her. I am so grateful for the time I spent with her and the work that we were able to accomplish together. she is remarkable and will forever be one of my dearest friends. 

Saturday, we had a baptism. talk about stress. luckily we put it in the Lord's hands and miracles poured down. peter is one of the most prepared people EVER. he bore his testimony on the power of prayer and about God and His work and I am certain there was not a dry eye in the room. he knows these things are true and he will not deny the power of God. The spirit was undeniable. I am so grateful for His faith and trust in the Lord and His love. it was miraculous.

I am now in a trio covering 2 wards (1 of which being ANOTHER YSA ward #round3) and we are totally and completely BOOKED. always. we are SO busy that its insane. 

we had a member bring a nonmember friend to church who has already read up to enos in the book of Mormon, begins and ends his day with a conference talk, already has a trip planned for October conference, asked for sundays off from work because he felt it was right, and we are teaching him this week. HE IS INCREDIBLE.

then had another investigator bear his testimony in sacrament meeting on the power of the Savior and the truthfulness of the book of Mormon! OK! HELLO ROCKSTAR. 

And the lord is just plopping people in our laps to be taught. the members here are remarkable and want to help us with anything and everything that we need. the work here is hastening like I have never seen before. we have an FHE tonight in which 3 members are bringing nonmember friends to meet us. nothing short of miraculous. 

I am So blessed to be here at this time with these people in this part of the vineyard. amidst all the turmoil, strife, and confusion, I have never been so certain that God has a plan for all of His children. Christ is at the center of that plan. He would never ever leave any of us alone to wander and dwindle in unbelief. I leave you my simple but earnest witness that Jesus really is the Christ. the Savior and Redeemer of Mankind. God is our Loving father in heaven. He is here. he knows us, he feels us, he cares about us. We are His work and His glory.  We are the center of His heart and He is here during the good and the bad to lift our broken hearts, to carry our heavy burdens, and to remind us of our infinite and eternal purposes here on earth. Of these things I testify with every inch and cranny of my being. I know these things to be true and I am humbled that I have been called and set apart to preach them to all the end of the earth.

God is at the head. 

keep it real and keep the faith 
sister kennedy
                                                                  Baptism for Peter!














                                                                       My new comps!









No comments:

Post a Comment